If you need a quick, inexpensive pick -me- up, may I suggest hopping into a salon for a 15 minute airbrush tan? OH no- it’s not just for 20-somethings!
A fresh airbrush tan can make you look and feel younger and more vibrant almost immediately. The look of sun kissed skin looks natural, healthy and more youthful. The color can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and cellulite. Win -WIn…. so lets dig in, shall we?
Gone are the smelly, sticky, odd colored tans of our youth. The new formulas are natural looking, moisturizing and you can be sprayed head to toe by a tan specialist in a matter of minutes and be on your way. The new spray tan formulas have a wash-off color that shows up immediately on your skin, as the long lasting bit develops underneath.
Remember Ross? Those days are gone.
What you need to know for your first airbrush tan:
- FIND A PROFESSIONAL- Find a salon that has a tan specialist. They are extremely common now, so finding one won’t be hard, but I can’t recommend the auto-tan booths, because I haven’t used them. I like to book on days when I don’t have any errands afterward.
- EXFOLIATE- Your new airbrush tan will come off as your skin sheds naturally, so you will want to exfoliate like crazy before your appointment. I start several days before and I shave, exfoliate and moisturize in the shower, like my life depended on it. (If you wax, you will want to plan that sometime before your tan).
- NO MOISTURIZER, MAKEUP OR DEODORANT ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT- All of these things will affect the way the airbrush tan develops and looks, so don’t do it.
- WEAR LOOSE, DARK CLOTHES- Just anything that you can slip on afterward and not have anything rubbing tightly against your freshly sprayed airbrush tan. Some of the temporary color will rub off, but it is completely washable.
- STRIP TO YOUR SKIVVIES- Or whatever you are comfortable with. Don’t worry- your airbrush tan specialist has seen it all, fret not modest one. You will be in a private room or booth.
- FOLLOW DIRECTIONS- Your tan specialist will instruct you on how to apply some cream to your fingers, toes, palms etc (any areas you don’t want tanned) as well as tell you how to stand, when to turn, etc, etc.The spray is super fine, and a little chilly. The entire process takes about 15 minutes and then you can dress and go!
- YOU WILL LOOK TAN IMMEDIATELY- But the first color is temporary. The secondary and more natural color takes about 8 hours to fully develop underneath. As the color develops, you will look DARK- but don’t worry- after 8 hours, you can shower and wash off the temporary color, which will reveal a much more natural looking tan underneath.
- MOISTURIZE- Keeping your skin moist will help prolong your airbrush tan as well as help it to fade evenly. 7 days of color is the norm, but 10 days to two weeks is possible with good care.
- COST- In Colorado Springs a typical airbrush tan can go from $20-$30 per visit, with package deals as low as $15.
Air brush tans are a fantastic, quick, inexpensive way to give yourself a little pick me up. You don’t have to wait for a special occasion, treat yourself on a lazy Saturday or an evening when you will be watching TV at home. But be aware…..instantly looking younger, healthier and thinner can be ADDICTIVE!
Are you ready to make your life over 40 a little easier?
Subscribe to get only the good stuff! No newsletter. No flooding your inbox. Only what works. Only when it's relevant to YOU......For women who AREN'T "Forever 21".