Thank you so much to Julie at This Mainline Life for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
Fellow bloggers give this award to each other as a way of recognizing and learning more about one another.
Julie is one of the style blogs for women in midlife that I follow. Be sure to check her out if you aren’t already a reader- her style is engaging yet doable and she has this very transparent way of writing that just makes you feel like you are chatting over tea in her living room!
Sunshine Blogger Questions
- How\why did you get into blogging?
I have always loved writing. I used to write a “journal style blog” on blogger way back when blogging was still pretty new. I blogged about our home life, so that my husband who was overseas a lot, could keep up with what was going on in our busy household of three
2.What is a favorite post that you’ve written?
Thats a tough one. I think I have two. One on the most truth you’ll ever read about being over 4o and another on 25 things that you probably didn’t know about me. Both of these posts really display my real life sense of humor and they were really fun to write.
3. Is there a blog event you’d like to attend? What would you hope to accomplish?
I haven’t looked at any actual blogging events, but I am hoping to attend the FierceCon event in L.A. this year. I would be looking to accomplish a lot of networking with fellow business women as well as just making new friendships and being able to glean from the experience of others.
4. If you could work with any brand, who would it be, and why?
ANY brand? Oh wow. Thats a tough one. Off the top of my head, I’d say Nordstrom. I buy SO MUCH from that store because they have such a great web site, free shipping both ways and they have practically every product, accessory and article of clothing I could ever be looking for!
5. What do you think has helped you the most in growing your blog?
Hands down, Pinterest and other bloggers.
6. What are some of the tools/apps that you find really helpful for your blogging?
**This post contains affiliate links.
Reward Style– This platform is HUGE for bloggers making money with affiliate links. Being accepted to this platform helped cut my workload in half easily. If you are a blogger and want to apply, let me know and I will do a referral for you. (No guarantees, but sometimes a referral can help you to get accepted.) **Follow me on the Like To Know It App! or you can shop all of Instagram pics by clicking the tab at the top of this page “Shop My Instagram”.
Tailwind– Using this scheduler has grown my Pinterest views to over 2 million per month!
Buffer- An awesome scheduler to help schedule out all of my social media posts ahead of time.
Site Ground– switching to this hosting platform was the best thing I did for my blog in 2018. I’ve had ZERO issues since switching and their web site and customer service are second to none- this cut a ton of admin stuff that I was constantly having to deal with before!
7. About how much time do you spend per week on the blog and do you have any tip or tricks for balancing blogging and the rest of your life?
I work on my blog and social media channels every. single. day. I actually love it. I take time for myself and my husband in the morning and then I work until around 2 pm (I also work for my husbands business.). I work out, then run errands when necessary. When I get home I work until around 5 or 6 when my husband is finishing up. We have a cocktail and I usually make up a simple cheese board while we discuss all the events of the day (I really look forward to this!) I usually cook dinner and then I’ll check in w/ IG and FB while we settle on the sofa. Then I’m done! I am trying to learn to batch more of my weekly tasks together, but so far- I’ve been unsuccessful.
Now, I’d like to nominate 2 other bloggers that I love and would like to know more about!
Sunshine Blogger Nominations
- How\why did you get into blogging?
- What is a favorite post that you’ve written?
- Is there a blog event you’d like to attend? What would you hope to accomplish?
- If you could work with any brand, who would it be, and why?
- What do you think has helped you the most in growing your blog?
- What are some of the tools/apps that you find really helpful for your blogging?
- About how much time do you spend per week on the blog and do you have any tip or tricks for balancing blogging and the rest of your life?
- Thank the person who nominated you, and
includea link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs and give questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Currently obsessed with the perfect Panama hat……….which was found on Amazon for $15!
Shop the look here: